I've done some soul searching and dug deep, and I think I might have realized something, or in the very least something about me has become clearer to me.
At first I thought I didn't like it when people are sexualized, which yes that's kinda true, but I've kind of been shown what I was doing that was wrong. To tell the truth, I don't really know what my thought process was, logically. All I can say is that I didn't see the simple truth behind sexual things. Sex and sexual stuff is a part of nature, but I had blinders on that made me view sex and sexual things by how society views and treats them-by that I mean, the ones doing it, making sexual things "have no soul" behind them. Where people's souls weren't a factor in it, which I kinda hated.
However, 2 things I realized: 1 obvious and makes me feel stupid (but hey, I evolved), and the other is just truth about myself. The first thing is that sexual things will ALWAYS be sexual. Even though I still think that being nude on it's own is just natural (according to nature, not human society) unless it's being done in a sexual way, sexual things will always be sexual, and that's not necessarily bad. Not everyone likes it, but it's not bad. I had to look up the meaning of "sexualization" just to be certain of it's definition, and I was right, it's not what I was treating it before. Sexualization-making something have a sexual quirk or nature-isn't a bad thing in general, but I can see why people can dislike it.
The second thing I realized is that the thing I greatly dislike, that I was treating sexualization as, is dehumanization. In other words, I dislike people being reduced to mere sexual tools or entertainment, like they aren't people with souls, hopes, likes, dislikes, feelings. So now sexualization is ok with me as long as dehumanization isn't involved, tho even then it can still irritate me and put me off. People can be sexualized if they want to be. People can be sexual if they want to be. (though I think they should be mindful and considerate of any people around them) But I believe they should never be dehumanized during such things, or anytime at all.
So yeah. That's how I stand right now, and I think it might be a step in the right direction for me.
Also, I realized that most of my blogs have been about sexual things or topics, so I'd like it to change. I guess the reasoning behind why that is, is because of me contemplating about sexual things lately, as well as being lost in sexual feelings from negative feelings. That might change though since I realized I have to start using my power to try and get what I want and-well, I'm derailing. Point is that I don't want this blog to be filled with sexual topics, so for now on, I'm gonna try and have at least 1 non-sexual topic one in between each sexual topic ones, so expect a non-sexual topic next!
No comments:
Post a Comment